Neth Changes

In Character Forum
Mystic

Neth Changes

Post by Mystic »

<Celst> A series of changes has become, the two most major invole the development of two new cities to inspire and incress growth.

The first city will be built in and around the renewed elven ruins. The fishery buisness will play a strong part in this cities design. The center will likly be demoted by the new school of magic which will be started up there. Hotels and high class real estate will likly be built on the shores.

What needs to be done?

- A head mage needs to be selected for leading and running the school

- Terraforming must begin and quickly, currently all it is is barren dirt, the elven ruins will never hold to there former glory until we have grass and trees. It is inportant this begins before major constructions.

The second city is much more wanting for design. So far we have decided it will focus around education. It currently is planned to house 3 centers of eduction. A Flight Academy, a Military training school, and a University (dealing in all the major sciences, buisness admin and arts/crafts etc).

What needs to be done

- A locatoin yet needs to be picked, what is the ideal spot? should we maintain it on the same contient? If so then basic terraforming needs to start soon.

- Additional ideas. All it has going for it right now are the schools, it could use alittle extra life.

- People to run these schools. We must decide if they will be state or private owned, we need people, respected people to run these, big people will drew new comers, bad people will not.

Finaly we are left with Neth itself. We have the plans to develope a true medical center, something larger than our small med bay and more capable then the civilan hospitals. This could be expensive with some of the gear but i think its more than needed, espeicaly with 3 cites planned.

My special plan. I'm not prepared to share the ideas right now but i have something "special" of my own in the works. Unfortuanlty its ungodly expensive and i cant personaly afford it :(

Future Plans (Greater than 1 year wait)

- I'd like to start a true neth army, including a spacial air fleet and Shipyards. These are expenive to buy and maintain and we should wait till we are bigger and can better afford it first.

- Expanding to the other worlds of this system. There is no point expanding until we have established ourselves securly and largly on Neth, but in time i'd like to set up colonys on many of the worlds here.

As always comments and suggestions are both welcome, appricated and expected.

- Crown Princess Celst, Ruling Governess of Nethyilis
Corsche Warshy

penis

Post by Corsche Warshy »

<Corsche> as for the second City; i was thinking we could also Incorporate.

-A Famous (or cheap)Bewry, College students love thier alchohal.
-A vehicle manufacturor. (ive already got someone in mind.)
-a bio tech lab, there are always R&D people looking for cheap land to do research on, we could easily set up two or three Reasearch and Developement facilitys.
-White collar work, Lawyer places, medical centers for doctors, buisnesses such as computer design and computer technologies. these kinds of buisnesses will thrive off the colleges, and the colleges will thrive from this as well.
-A live theatre and proforming arts center. which attracts rich people, which is a good thing.

For the fishing city, some of you may scoff at the idea, but how about a red light district? a Bordello or two, a cheap thrill to get away from the hard work of fishing.

As for something we could contribute to all the cities? a sports arena in all of them, with a sports team.. im not sure what the favored sport is today. but each city could have a team, and it would pull people together as a community as well as put some rivalry between the citys. Competition is always good.

As for a location? We will stay on the same continent for now its easier to defend and we wont be so spread out. I havnt picked out a place for it yet, but i will go out today if i have the time in a shuttle and check stuff out. We might want to hire a contractor to do that for us.
Evil Monkey Behind You

Post by Evil Monkey Behind You »

<Reykin> Well these are all excellent Ideas, I think all of them are good but I may have one of my own its is also ungodly expensive but could help with defense before we gain shipyards and any actual ships of our own. An orbital space platform with either defence in mind orjust a satelite city, that way ships need not land on the planet but dock and people get shuttled planetside. Well thats just my idea, hope it's deemed usefull.
Cejhy

`Ched

Post by Cejhy »

<Corsche> Reykin reminded me of something. I will also look into getting some base, or city defense. Such as a shield generator or something like it. I think i can pull it off for pretty cheap.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

<Halya> Regarding the schools, we have a choice of state-run or private institutions. If we go the state-run route, we will have more responsibility, but would have more control. If we go with a private institution, we would have to convince them to come here, and we would have little to no control once they did.

That said, we simply don't have the experience, and I do not have the desire, to serve as administrators for such a system. To this end we should establish a Department of Education to handle it for us. I recommend hiring a person (or even a full committee) experienced in setting up such institutions to start off the creation of such a department, and the implementation of such institutions of higher learning. This person or persons would bring to the table not only experience, but also contacts within the educational community that we lack.

We're not the only world out there establishing such institutions, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who's done it before. We just need to make sure that the institutions they have established are respected.

Now aside from that, this city will have several other things going for it. We first need to establish an arena for team sports and other events. There need be only one at this time, and once things begin to start up I would advise putting it on the college campus and establishing teams for the popular sports, and getting into the leagues.

Colleges also tend to be centers of technology. Businesses will spring up to supply not only the college, but the students as well, with all sorts of items and entertainment. They also often need to work - other, unrelated companies looking for a ready and replinishing labor supply may be willing to set up there.

The last question is location. We need more information, and need to select it carefully.