Assignment Reports

In Character Forum
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Assignment Reports

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

<Halya>
I have identified a few organizers who may well be able to assist us in setting up the desert race. The list is as follows:

Conquest league - This group pushes the limits to the extreme, always draws a crowd, and are known to be die hard.

Total Exposure - This group started as a racers league but became an indepdent race provider and has experienced huge growth and profit. They have a lot of contacts with other racing leagues

Full Throttle - A Dark Juraian team started as more of a rebel thing for Dark Juraians who wanted to push the limits of a otherwise dull life. They now commit competivly against other races and meetings are usualy every competitive events with many races invioled

Ulimate Limit - This is a Juraian company that runs events in harsh terrain, deserts, artic, wasteland, ash, high winds etc. Their races are rare and only the most die hard go to them but they have a fantical following and seem to draw a crowd.

I have yet to make a decision on which would be the best. I would like input from the others.

<Leila>
Tristus is focusing on the Leaften Isles, and I am focusing on the Elven Ruins. Here is my report.

I propose the city of Shaeseasu (elven for Pleasant Ocean) be placed in the location of the Elven Ruins. The ruins should be utilized and rebuilt as much as possible, with modern conveniences added when necessary. I feel it is important to maintain the appearance.

As for purposes - the elven ruins have previously been proposed as a tourist attraction of some sort. I also feel the fisheries are an important resource, and could develop a lot of income from Dark Jurai. At the same time we would instantly become more imporant to Dark Jurai, as they value their food sources immensely. I believe that we can use the harbor and the city to house both tourist and commercial traffic, and it could serve as a stopping-off point between Nethils and the resort on the isles.

I recommend recruiting a Dark Juraian company to set up to exploit the fisheries. I feel they would be more likely to self-regulate their activities than the Techoren.
CORSCHEY WORSCHY

penis cock dick

Post by CORSCHEY WORSCHY »

Halya, i'd like to go with the first one.. the hard core type.. this will be the fiercest competiton, and have better odds for the Rich people to put money down on. But then again i do have a slight Techoren Bias.

Leila, i am fully supporting your plants for this pleasant ocean city.. and having the dark juria cultivate it is a good idea.. Techorens dont value food as much as the Jurians do and are likely to over populate.

I think we should make it legal for big game hunting the Raptors, with a permit and license that costs an arm and a leg, and probably will knowing those Raptors. This will draw a hunting crowd, and more of a resort feeling to the idea..

HOWEVER we now know that The Goddess of nature is taking special note of this planet, and i cannot foresee how she feels of this.. is she feels at all. i will leave this up to you.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

<Halya>
I am personally inclined toward getting Total Exposure to run things. They know how to make a race profitable, and with their contacts with other leagues the result could be quite the event. Remember, these are the top four that know not only how to race, but also how to run their own events, that's why I selected them, because we lack the experience.
Wizzlim

Post by Wizzlim »

<Tristus> Well, if you wish to go the more hardcore route, we could start the race at sunset, and design the course to extend well into the next day to force them to brave the very rough realities of the desert. As for big game hunting, I think such a thing shouldn't even begin to become a consideration. The Raptors can be moved to a different island if necessary. Are you really willing to risk pissing off the Goddess of Nature? There is a balance to things, and industrializing an island and slaughtering its native inhabitants would surely disrupt that balance.
The Night Summons Like An Unquenched Love,
Beckoning With The Promise Of Dark Desire
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

<Halya>
I'm inclined to agree with Corsche. Big game hunting COULD be allowed, CONDITIONALLY. That is, properly permitted, and following an extensive study of the raptor population to assure that the balance is maintained. And Raptors are hardly defenseless, they're crafty bastards so dont go treating them like they aren't.
Corschegwre`

cockinballs

Post by Corschegwre` »

<Corsche>

I understand where your comming from Halya, do you really think that the race itself will provide all the money? sure they could bring in loads for the race, but if we went with the conquest one. Can you imagin the betting that would take place?

But then again, if we had both, alot of money for the crowd and alot of money for betting this would be far better.

i am now torn on this subject.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

<Halya>
The ultimate goal is to draw attention to Neth. Whether we make money on the race is immaterial. Whichever brings the most attention is what we want. The one that will be promoted the most widely, the one that will be shown on the most outlets. This is what will help us in the long run.
cosok

COKCNBLALS

Post by cosok »

<Corsche> i see your reasoning, adn your are correct.. its not about makeing money per se its about drawing attenchon to us. They probably have the biggest advertising out of the lot of them, and dont require alot of "cult" following. I concede with you. Lets get them contacted and.. do we have a date yet?