Nuyara

In Character Forum
Wizzlim

Nuyara

Post by Wizzlim »

I would like to put forward the idea of possibly contracting out some engineers to make our own shipyards. Extending our defensive perimeter to orbit and beyond would be much more efficient than simply waiting until the enemy has already hot-dropped onto the base.

Furthermore, the selling of merchant vessels may help those merchants we have to help extend their reach and help their business, in turn helping ours. Like civilizations of old, providing ourselves with our own self-contained starship economy, will broaden profits, invite more to visit, and open many other doors to help our progression here.

Thank you for your time.
The Night Summons Like An Unquenched Love,
Beckoning With The Promise Of Dark Desire
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

Halya: That requires money, something we don't have nearly enough of. Furthermore we would have to import virtually everything, and those planets with high-capacity shipyards already set up would be able to undercut our prices, leaving us with shipyards we couldn't maintain. On the subject of funds, however, we will hopefully be able to set up mining operations quite soon. I have had our head of finance hire a team to do the initial survey work, and with any luck, this world will have sufficient resources to make us quite a lot of money.

Leila: I don't know about you but I want to get rooms with a big bath first. And an indoor pool.

Fyra: Yeah and I want to expand the library first too.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Nagai: Big baths and an indoor pool mean very little to me at this point and i think Nuyara's idea has merit. Certainly in the long term given this worlds distance from others we could benefit well from a shipyard (even if mostly for repairs). Unfortuantly it is a super costly buisness, while we could produce merchant vessels to help deal with costs Halya is right, larger places could undercut us.

My opinon is we wait till we are alitlte bit richer and can cover some of the raw costs our sevles, this minning operation holds merit and could help this idea out a lot and someone find out how they make Dark Juraian ships.

Also a final note, we do have enginers avaible in the maintence experts of the base, although they maybe as quiflifed as we might need to make a shipyard they could hold some advice.

Celst: I'm all for getter bigger and better living areas, this cramped cubical of a space is simply not an acceptable living condition for peoples of our station. I cant believe they actally expect us to live in such .. such... lower stations. That said luxury should be 2ndry to defence, at least to a degree. I'm not spending 10 billion on defence if it'd cost a mer million for better living.
Anoron

Post by Anoron »

Amika: I don't think that mining opperations would be welcome by the natives of the world. We have to bare in mind that we're only stuwards here, not lords or barrens. Still, if it is possible to mine in the system we might be able to turn a profit to those involved in this outpost.

A shipyard would probably do us a world of good, as expensive as they are to build we should plan on getting one, even if we just use it to repair incoming ships and service them.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

Halya: A repair facility would probably be somewhat cheaper than a full shipyard with the capacity to construct whole vessels.

And we ARE the rulers of this world, by right of might. We have the forces to send to pacify any resistance that offers itsself, thus, we rule the world. If anyone doubts our right to rule we can simply crush them. We have the power to do this, and if we don't use it people will step all over us. And as for the Natives, if they dare to try anything, we can crush them as well.

Leila: Pretty harsh there Halya but you have a point, Might doesn't make right, but it does solve problems fairly quickly. I'm all for mining in those mountains, provided the natives aren't a problem and it's worth the effort.