The Dominion

In Character Forum
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

The Dominion

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

To: Team Seishi
Subject: The Dominion

Having seen a vision, courtesy to Marival, I am preparing to write a missive to the Earth Dominion. While on one hand I find I cannot agree with all of their policies, on the other there are enemies which we share, enemies which we must soon fight against. To this end, I plan on revealing the Nightfall War to them, and asking them to take their place on the side of Order. Despite their relatively inferior technology, with their holy power, they may be the best chance we have against demonic forces in the nights to come. I also plan to invite them to set up an embassy on Nethilis in conjunction with our diplomatic center. It would, naturally, be separate from the main complex, as they are not a member of the Alliance, and some allied races may take issue with its presence. Still, I feel that it is important that we be able to engage each other diplomatically. I would like to hear opinions from the rest of the team on this matter.
Mystic

Re: The Dominion

Post by Mystic »

<Celst> Its a bold move, and a risky one. But is that not the whole point of a diplomatic centre? To offer the chance of discussions, to end old hatreds and to work towards alliances in darker times. Even as an outsider, the Dominons presence int he alliance chambers offers oppertunites. It allows us a chance to impress them, and prehaps lead by example, or at least show enough force and strength to make them reconsider foolish choices.

Prehaps there should be a 6 building open for more neutral none alliance races. Although i cant think of many. Orcs dont tend to have that unification, no one wants a Rohr or Sauriness, granted their are the five worlds of the elemental masters who stand indepedant of the alliance.

Becareful though, the Dominon have a bad reputation for a very good reason.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

<Ikura> I seldon see the need to join within your dicussions, it is not place, nor the area of my expertise, however in this case i have a point to make.

The Dominon are genicidal fanatics, known for arming and assisting the vile legion in their racial genicides. They are also scavengers and thieves, out to steal any and all avaiable technology they can. The Techoren went to war with them over there blatant thievery, and the Dominon sunk so low as to try and siphon off demonic energies to create new weapons of power.

They also have no understanding of universal laws, willing to create armies of clones without hestiation, with technology they dont even fully undersstand. Their are reasons such pratices are generally forbidden.

And let us not forget, most damning of all, what happened the last time someone tried diplomacy with the Dominon. Before the Techoren went to war with them, they sent out an ambassador to discuss the situation, the Dominon pubicly executed him on holo projections live to the entire alliance. I struggle to see how this race would even be capable of diplomatic relations.

<Wozzy> I just felt like popping in and adding that the Techoren ambassador is alive and well, the Techoren it seems liberally clone him. Apparently it removes the intimdation factor away from certain races.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

<Leila>
Yes, perhaps the establishment of an embassy would be premature. As things stand, they would use our good will to attempt to steal technology again, something that I do not want. However, we should find some way to establish a dialog with them, perhaps indirectly by way of some of the more moderate worshipers of Sir Mortial.

What I would like to do, in the end, is to affect the way they operate. To convince them to change their genocidal ways, and in so doing become something more than what they are. If we simply accept things as they are, nothing will ever change.

On a related note, if anyone is able to find such information, I would like to get my hands on some early writings on Sir Mortial, preferably dating from before he first encountered Asrifel. I know that's ancient, but I'm certain they must exist somewhere.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

<Celst> It has come to my attention their are 3 followers of Sir Morital in prison, waiting release. Apparently we promised this to them sometime ago. I dont know any of these details though.