New Weapons Designs

Moderator: Senshi Muyo

Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

New Weapons Designs

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

To: Corsche (corsche@command.nethilis.network)
CC: Team Seishi (seishi-list@listserv.private.nethilis.network)

Subject: New Weapons Designs

I've come up with some new ideas for weapons. I think they're good. I'd like to have Corsche look at them, and possibly come up with some initial working designs. I then intend to either sell or give production rights to a company on planet. I think this is a good idea, as even giving them away would benefit us by way of the planetary economy. Here are my ideas.

-The Wraith-
The Wraith will be two barrels integrated into one rifle. The upper barrel will fire a large explosive grenade-like round, and the lower a medium-caliber Patriot round. The rifle will be fitted with a scope, the housing of which integrates a video camera, fire-control system, and a laser rangefinder. Both barrels will be fired by way of tiny, independent reverse gravity generators sharing a common power system, similar to what the Patriot rifle employs. The use of the fire-control system will allow the user to adjust a variety of variables for the explosive rounds, and the rate of fire of the rifle barrel. The ammunition for the upper barrel could come in a variety, and would have programmable nanosensors controlled by the fire control computer.

-Concussion Rod-
The concussion rod is a weapon designed to leave quite a mark. In appearance, it looks like a primitive mace, however appearances are deceiving. Embedded in the head is an artificial gravity generator. On impact, the generator activates, increasing the mass of the mace and thus the force of the impact.

-Lightning Gun-
More like a heavy machine gun than the sniper rifle of video game fame, the Lightning Gun projects a ray of crackling electricity which can be swept over the battlefield before it. It will likely be bulky and unwieldy, and thus a tripod or fixed mount will be likely. Particularly deadly in fixed defensive emplacements where it can be fed directly from the power grid.

-Sleep Pistol-
The sleep pistol would fire frozen spheres of the drug Somnall. The sphere is fired a limited range whereupon it explodes scattering a fine mist capable of knocking all but the most resiliant creatures unconscious.

-Throwback Rifle-
This nonlethal weapon is intended for use in crowd control situations. It uses gravitic induction to produce a high intensity repulsion blast, knocking the target back a good distance.

-Induction Inversion Gun-
This is basically an energy weapon that fires an inversion beam. Rather than dealing damage, the weapon cancels out the energy of a targeted mechanical object's power source.

While some of these may be in production, there are likely some ideas here that are not (the Wraith rifle for instance) and I believe we can profit from them.
Mystic

Re: New Weapons Designs

Post by Mystic »

Posted over 2 years ago nothing ever came of this. Its ashame really, I do think some of the stuff here has potential, and given Neths new growth it maybe possible to enter into development. On one hand I have to admit, i think theirs an already awesome list of weapons avaible that its not nessacry to design your own. But prehaps you want, or feel, that Neth police/militry have a need for specific types of weapons, or custom altertions of exisitng models. I like the idea.

But understand for balance reasons everything comes with a cost. Also while all the weapons you listed could exist in this rp, the races cant nessacrily make them. The lighting gun is a good example. An awesome devastating weapon, but who uses lighting a lot? Certainly the Techoren have static handguns, and have toyed around witha lighting cannon with mixed results, but a heavy machine gun varient that swaths the battlefield? My my.

Most designs would need adjustments, but almost all of th em could work to some degree or another.
Kaosu

Post by Kaosu »

I'm a firm believer of reinventing. Taking existing concepts and ideas, then making them work to a better degree for your purposes. While new weapons are a possibility, I think taking the best concepts and ideas from the armoury and weaponry then developing weapons from that platform will ultimately work best for us in this term.

For example, I believe power suits are a vital investment for future armoury. A lightweight version to augment soldiers or a heavy unit dreadnought version. Though, I'm not too fond of the current offerings, I believe we can do better in terms of specializing power suits to vastly increase the capacity of our soldiers.

Its just a example, but taking a good idea and just doing it better I think will serve us well. Of course, it always leaves room for true innovation and original ideas.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I like this appraoch personally. You take what exists (and is balanced and setup in the rp) and you alter it. Its much easier than trying to design an entilry new item that i've got to balance. Also like Tae sort of mentioned, it doenst have to be a better version, just one tailored more to your needs. I'm a give and take person.

You want stronger armor its going ot cost in speed, or manverability. You want a guy that peirces armor whats it lossing? Its easier to do these adjustments with an existing gun. "Yeah i want this machien gun to hit harder by firing larger cailber, as a result its got a slower rate of fire, and is somewhat less accurate, on the upside it blows holes through things and can penerate up to moderate body armor."

Things like that.