Power Plant Preposals

In Character Forum
Mystic

Power Plant Preposals

Post by Mystic »

To: Team Seishi
Subject: The Power Crisis

So how best to put this in words? Let us assume for a second that the Biofusion plant powering our cities is the base line for power plants. Let us assume it produces 100P (P = Power). Now Neth uses uup 55P per day standardly. Shang'Ilster uses up only 31P and Zilandier uses up 43P. Thats 129P a day. The plants already constantly working at 130%. But it gets worse. The power use is higher at peak time. Say Neth 79, Shang'Ilster 45, Zilandier 60. That leaves us at 184P, way to close to 200%.

Not only that but what Future growths might Neth have in the future? Its best we expand with this in consideration or we may end up having this same discussion a few years down the track.

The first suggestion having spoken with a Dark Juraian Energy Consault named Admer Maiev is to just expand the current power plant. This has the benefeit of keeping the power central and in one location. We could either double the plants size, which would meet all our demands for power, or Quaddrope the plants mass leaving a vast amount of spare energy. This wuold generate a nice amount of jobs in central Neth, though it would also take up a sizeable amount of land.

Option 2 invovles placing a power plant in each city. Obviously we only need one more power plant to meet todays demands, but the third means we'll have a nice buffer for the future. This way each city has its own power supply, though naturally they'll all be interconnected so if ones demand is to high the others can up supplement this. With this option we could either build two more biofusion plants like we have in Nethilis or...

Professer Ziharn, CEO of Solaurs Corp on Neth, made the suggestion for two new plants. A Pyrosinth plant in Shangil'star, and a Solar plant in Zihandier. The Pyrosinth plant will require importing of fuels but Neth deals in trade, and once we establish our own sinth fuel production centre we can self supply, and it'll generate even further jobs. The Solarus Corp have offered to partially fund a solar power plant in Zihander, so long as their name is adverised over it and they're guranated power supply. They really want to show off they're technology and think Zihander is the place to do it. The solar plant will be cheap to maintain but will require a lot of cleaning thanks to the sandstorms that occesionly blow inot the city.

Pyroclastic plants dont seem likly. Their expensive to build, though they supply tons of power, but drilling such deep holes in the desert sands would prove very diffcult.

A Dark Jurai company has also offered us the opperunity to set up one of their new Psi Crystal plants, the power generated from it is vastly more than we need and so we could decomission our Biofusion plant if we went this route, however they're not subsiding it so we'ld have to pay all the costs. If your interested in that contact Shanna Ing
Kaosu

Re: Power Plant Preposals

Post by Kaosu »

To: Team Seishi; Wozzy

After reviewing the material, I really like the idea of the solar power plant in Zihander.

However, the Psi Crystal also intrigues me. How are the operating costs on it? How expensive? Reliability from field testing?

The option of redundancy seems to me like a good idea, but at the cost of opening multiple more biofusion plants, I'd prefer to move to a different technology that would meet our current and future needs.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

Leila:

I like the idea of a power plant in each city. The added jobs are a real advantage, and bring up something that I've been wanting to discuss. The followers of Nephthys are largely unemployed at this time. I would like to begin a training initiative, to train them for jobs and thus improve their prospects. This can take a variety of forms - scholarships and government funds to training programs naturally, but also potentially tax breaks for companies that train people already on world as opposed to bringing new people in. I will contact you later to discuss this.

Halya:

If we go with additional plants in the two other cities, those should be priority. We need to get pressure off of the existing plant now. The psi crystal plant can wait a year or so, when new tax revenue comes around and we can more easily afford it.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

<Wozzy> It seems that the most agreed upon approach invovles the building of sister power plants in Shang'ilstar and Zihandier. I've seen good agreement on the Solar Power Plant, and the reduce cost invovled in this certainly encourages me.

So ... Do we focus on jsut the 1 plant now, and use the remaning money for the police or start both plants immedality. And did we decide on the Psyrosyinth plant for Shang'ilster or would we rather go with something else. In either case somebody needs to talk construction with the right people.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

<Wozzy> Just posting an update on the current situation. The Solar Plant in Zihandier has began construction. Most of that is subsided by the sponsering company but we've still had to cover some expenses. Since i've heard confirmation from several of team Seishi the development of a Pyrosinth plant in Shang'ilstar has finally started.

I anticpated this somewhat so the paper work has already been underway for sometime. An area has been plotted out, and plans are being developed. At this point we are looking at a small Pyrosinth plant, but designed to make future expansion easier.

As you can see, the development of both plants is finally underway but it'll still be some time before both reach completion. The Solar Plant being finished considerably before the Pyrosinth plant. If you desire any further information about these two projects feel free to contact me.