To the Church of Nephthys

In Character Forum
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

To the Church of Nephthys

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

To: The Church of Nephthys
Subject: The Future

The followers of Nephthys have fallen of late, it seems. With the loss of their goddess, they have lost hope. This is, to me, unacceptable.

I remember, on Dark Jurai, the followers of Nephthys honoring our fallen, reminding us of their sacrifice, reminding us of those who came before us. They aided the dying in their passing, and comforted those who were left behind.

So why is it, now, that they languish in squalor?

It is not right for those who once followed Nephthys to die forgotten on this world. Though the goddess is gone, her wisdom remains. The time for mourning her passing has long passed, and now it is time to honor her and do right by her memory.

It is important, then, that you stand. Do not simply wait to die, but seek to live. For before death always comes life, and it is for this more than anything that those who have passed must be remembered.

Rise up from your despair, and live.

I will help as much as I can, but in the end it is up to you.

Live life as if you will die tomorrow, make the most of each day, and leave behind something for those who follow to remember you by.
Mystic

Re: To the Church of Nephthys

Post by Mystic »

To: Leila Dark Jurai
Subject: RE The Future

Your comments of inspiration and words of wisdom are appreidcated noble princess, but sadly such things does little for the pratical side of things. To many Nephthys was a way of life, prehaps even life itself. Her death shattered manys beliefes, faith in the church was lost. Indeed across countless worlds Da'Mariels minions hunt down the reminents of this once grand church. Nethilise may stand as a bastion, but those who have come here came at great expense, often obtaining their former possessions.

And what did they find on Nethilise? Nothing. Unemployment is high, many skills unneeded. Their deity is still dead and they no longer believe in the old ways.

So my dear, you preach to the choir here. It is those who have lost faith, who have lost their way that cause the problems upon your world. The rest of us, we live in our hovels and remember times of glory and ask ourselves, how long with Sir Mortials protection last?
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Re: To the Church of Nephthys

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

To: The Church of Nephthys
Subject: RE The Future

As I have said, I will help however I can. While we have issues of our own to deal with, I am committed to helping those in need. While unemployment may be high at the moment, Nethilis is a growing world. While some skills may be unneeded, others are in short supply. Perhaps we can work out some way to provide training for those who desire it. I believe that you are key to the solution, for while many have lost faith, the church remains the center of the community. Let me know what I can do to help, and I will do my absolute best to assist.