Major changes in the future for Senshi Muyo

Moderator: Senshi Muyo

Anoron

Major changes in the future for Senshi Muyo

Post by Anoron »

Sarah and I have been talking about finally segregating ourselves from Tenchi Muyo, and becoming our own thing. None the less we have a number of elements that will still exist in this rpg. Such as the wooden ships of the Jurai and Dark Jurai. We?re working on changing the names of these races as well. One the major hang ups we have though are the wings, and what to call them, and perhaps give them a different look.

One must remember that the wings come in a set of ten, and each wing represents a step on the [url=http://kabbalah_1.tripod.com/kabbalah/id4.html]Systema Sefiroticum[/url]. ?Wing? is a general term for the barriers that appear for the user who possesses the power to summon these, but we definitely need a new name for these barriers if we?re going to further pull ourselves away from Tenchi Muyo.

List as many names as you can come up with that could create a new name for this integral aspect of our rpg. Also they?re known as ?wings of the lightning eagle.? So we?ll need to come up a term for all of it eventually, but for now we?ll just work on a name. . I will list a few ideas I?ve had below.

Optional Wing Names: souls, seals, blades, sephira, rifts, aegis, screen, ward, insignia.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

As Wings can be used both defensively and offensively, it may be hard to make a perfectly fitting name.

That said, of those you listed Aegis sounds perhaps the best.
qweqwe

qweqweqw

Post by qweqwe »

uhm.. i find it hard to.. understand.

I love the idea of you guys breaking away from this Tenchi shit.. because.. frankly it was a bad anime.. even as far as anime's go.

I have no idea what wings are.. so i will just agree with jason, he seems to know what he's talking about.
qwe

qweqe

Post by qwe »

and further more.. changing the -names- of things dosnt really.. help that much you guys -.-'

but changing the names of the gods such as "Washu" does help. But having the same system, but changing the name.. is still the same system...

then again i dont know what wings are.
Evil Monkey

Post by Evil Monkey »

wings if I remember correctly are basically gifts of power from the divine that signify that you are on your way to becomeing agod, they are basically manifestations of your power. Or thats what I remeber anyway Oh and by the way, this is Zerayu
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Ok had to use that image.

More specificially a wing is typically a defensive manifestation of power, much like a shield. However they can also be used offensively, in some cases as blades, or when all one's available wings are combined together into a single attack.
Anoron

Post by Anoron »

What the important information you need to know is that the ships of the "jurai" races are normaly the only things that can make more than one wing without a key. These wings act as buffers to deflect attacks. They're like a moble shield in the front of the ship and to the sides.

Humanoids with wings are given these as a test by the gods to possibly allow that being to walk the path to becoming a god. Depending on who gave them the ability they must pass certain tests and trials that are different for each person.

The main topic here is simple: Wings are a form of shield, but we need to give them a different name.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

I submit that there is no suitable replacement, short of an invented word. "Wing" never perfectly fit to begin with, so therefore I submit that there IS no single word which will fit appropriately, otherwise it would have been used.

The term has been used for long enough that I think it is reasonably appropriate to keep it. Sefira may be the most appropriate word, but to change it unnecessarily would be confusing (it was confusing enough to begin with).
Evil Monkey

Post by Evil Monkey »

It pains me too say this but....I agre with Jason...........I think I just died a little inside...
Nuyara

Post by Nuyara »

What about "Gates"?

You know, unlocking and opening the First Gate, or some such thing. I think it has a nice ring to it