Zerayu

In Character Forum
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

Leila: I do NOT train them too roughly. I push those I train to their limits, so that those limits can be expanded. If they do not expand their limits, those limitations will become permanent. I had to train waist deep in icy water, it wasn't fun and I had to see a medic a few times but it pressed my limits further than they otherwise would have been. As their limits expand, so will their confidence and ability. There are also other things, mental focus and self discipline, to work on, especially with Chimera. They need to work a few fighting routines as well, working their powers in to increase their effectiveness. The use of powers in training should be encouraged, but if they do something stupid they need to be whacked upside the head so they don't do it again.

As for the expedition that ended so poorly, it was a screw up on my part. I had anticipated half an hour to an hour in the freezing temperatures. We were slowed down too far by the lack of endurance of some of our trainees. This endurance must be improved. If they aren't pushed to the limit, it won't improve, and they will remain as they are. Yes there will be some pain but as the saying goes, no pain no gain.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Celst: There is a difference between pushing people to there limits and pushign them beyond. There is also such a thing as over training. I agree they do need an inprovment in both there psychial strength and mental behavoiur, but that does not mean you can push them to far to hard.

You trained in waist deep Icey water, might i ask what your power is? You are a cryomancer, the cold is your friend, i dread to think how Pyrus would hand icey water, prehaps it would be good for him to push his limits yes, but if he stayed in it as long as you did, i'll guess the poor guy might die.
Leila Dark Jurai
Site Admin

Post by Leila Dark Jurai »

Leila: I well know that. If they can't do something, they can't do it. As for training in icey water, I meant it merely as an example. Desert training might work well for him once he has the physical endurance for it. I screwed up last time by miscalculating how much we would have to slow down and got too far out - my fault entirely, I intended to take 30 minutes to an hour at most past dark to get back and it ended up being longer.

Zerayu thinks I train too hard because I was running Fyra through her paces and he disagreed with my use of harsh words and tone to motivate her. The fact is, Fyra asked me for help wielding the blade, and the first step as I saw it was to toughen her up. She agreed, and we went from there. It was purely voluntary on her part and if she thought I was pushing her further than she could take she could have left.

As for a training schedule, I would welcome help coming up with one for them. Except from Reykin. His idea of instilling discipline in the recruits by physical force is not only unacceptable, it simply won't work. They have to learn to discipline themselves, simply fearing those above them won't do any good.